Come help the River Parkway Trust remove the invasive plant, scarlet wisteria, from the San Joaquin River. Invasive weeds can be very detrimental to our natural environments through crowding out native plants, reducing diversity, requiring additional water, and providing lesser quality habitat. This event will run from 9:00am until Noon and is suitable for all ages. All equipment is provided.
Volunteers should dress appropriately for the weather, wear closed-toe shoes, and bring a refillable water bottle along with any snacks they may want.
Volunteers will meet at gate to the Spano River Ranch near highway 41 in North Fresno.
To get there from Fresno:
- Take highway 41N and exit Friant Road
- Turn Right (NE) onto Friant Road towards Woodward Park
- Turn Left (W) onto Audubon Drive and continue past the park and across the highway
- Turn Right (N) onto Del Mar Avenue, then make your first Left onto Riverview Drive
- The gate will be straight ahead
Please contact Jake Salimbene, email@example.com, with any questions.
Fresno, CA 93711