Join the River Stewards - the driving force of the River Parkway Trust's
Land and Trail programs!
River Steward volunteers help with habitat restoration, removal of invasive exotic plants, trail maintenance, and river cleanup events. The River Stewards program is great for groups or individuals. No prerequisites or long term commitments are necessary; just sign up and be ready to enjoy a day on the San Joaquin River Parkway.
If you plan to attend an upcoming volunteer day, please remember the following:
- Bring your signed Volunteer Service Agreement form. Folks under the age of 18 will need to have the form signed by a parent or guardian to participate.
- Wear sturdy shoes or boots.
- Dress long - long pants, socks, and sleeves will protect you from the elements.
- We encourage you to bring a reusable water bottle and a pair of work gloves.
- Review the map to the activity location and volunteer meeting area when registering.
Feel free to contact us for additional group volunteering opportunities.
Sign up for an upcoming volunteer day using the links below.
2021 River Stewards Volunteer Days
In an effort to keep you safe during this pandemic, The San Joaquin River Parkway and Conservation Trust will follow all guidance from the CDC and Fresno County Department of Public Health. Please bring a face covering with you to all River Stewards Work Days if you are unvaccinated and stay home if you are feeling ill.
October 23rd: Native Planting at Sycamore Island
Join us as we plant native trees and shrubs along the ponds at Sycamore Island. This event will run from 9:00am until 12:00pm and all equipment is provided. Ages 10 and up are welcome to attend. Click here for more information and to sign up.