Come help the San Joaquin River Parkway & Conservation Trust revegetate a former gravel mining pond. We'll be planting multiple species of native trees and shrubs that will improve the wilflife habitat in the area and make it a more scenic place for all. This event will take place at Fresno's River West (Spano River Ranch) in north Fresno and will run from 9:00am until 12:00pm. All equipment is provided and all ages are welcome.
Volunteers should dress appropriately for the weather, wear closed-toe shoes, and bring a refillable water bottle along with any snacks they may want.
Volunteers will meet at the gate to River West Fresno near Highway 41 in North Fresno.
To get there from Fresno:
- Take highway 41N and exit Friant Road
- Turn Right (NE) onto Friant Road towards Woodward Park
- Turn Left (W) onto Audubon Drive and continue past the park and across the highway
- Turn Right (N) onto Del Mar Avenue, then make your first Left onto Riverview Drive
- The gate will be straight ahead
Please contact Jake Salimbene, firstname.lastname@example.org, with any questions.
Fresno, CA 93711