Join the River Stewards - the driving force of the River Parkway Trust's
Land and Trail programs!
River Steward volunteers help with habitat restoration, removal of invasive exotic plants, trail maintenance, and river cleanup events. The River Stewards program is great for groups or individuals. No prerequisites or long term commitments are necessary; just sign up and be ready to enjoy a day in the San Joaquin River Parkway.
If you plan to attend an upcoming volunteer day, please remember the following:
- Bring your signed Volunteer Service Agreement form. Folks under the age of 18 will need to have the form signed by a parent or guardian to participate.
- Wear sturdy shoes or boots.
- Dress long - long pants, socks, and sleeves will protect you from the elements.
- We encourage you to bring a reusable water bottle and a pair of work gloves.
- Review the map to the activity location and volunteer meeting area when registering.
Feel free to contact us for additional group volunteering opportunities.
Sign up for an upcoming volunteer day using the links below.
2020 River Steward Volunteer Days
"I only went out for a walk and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in" John Muir
February 15, 2020 Planting at the Jensen River Ranch
Join us for our first River Stewards volunteer work day of 2020 and help us plant native trees and shrubs at the Jensen River Ranch. This event will run from 9:00 am until 12:00 pm and is suitable for all ages. All equipment is provided.
March 21, 2020 Invasive Plant Removal at Sycamore Island
Join us in our quest to the River Parkway of harmful invasive plants. This event will run from 9:00 am until 12:00 pm. All equipment is provided. suitable for Ages 10 and up.